International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Phytopharmacological Research
ISSN (Print): 2250-1029
ISSN (Online): 2249-6084
Publish with eIJPPR Submission
2021   Volume 11   Issue 4

Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices on Homologation of Improved Traditional Medicines Among Practitioners in Mfoundi Division of Cameroon
Download PDF


Minyem Ngombi-Afuh Aude Périne, Sih Blessing Ache, N’guessan-Amonkou Anne-Cinthia, Alloukou-Boka Mireille, Nnanga Nga, Amari Antoine Serge Guillaume, Ngoupayo Joseph
Citation
Vancouver
Périne M N A, Ache S B, Anne-Cinthia N, Mireille A, Nga N, Guillaume A A S, et al. Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices on Homologation of Improved Traditional Medicines Among Practitioners in Mfoundi Division of Cameroon. Int j pharm phytopharm res. 2021;11(4):33-8. https://doi.org/10.51847/LgpNH7eJuy
APA
Périne, M. N. A., Ache, S. B., Anne-Cinthia, N., Mireille, A., Nga, N., Guillaume, A. A. S., & et al (2021). Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices on Homologation of Improved Traditional Medicines Among Practitioners in Mfoundi Division of Cameroon. International Journal Of Pharmaceutical And Phytopharmacological Research, 11(4),33-38. https://doi.org/10.51847/LgpNH7eJuy
Download citation:   EndNote   RIS
Article Link:
Abstract

The use of Traditional Medicine (TM), has become popular in the world. Despite the benefits, limited knowledge is available especially in the domains of regulation, legislation generally, and specifically homologation. The safety and efficacy of TM have become an important concern for the public health authorities. This study evaluates the knowledge and rates the attitudes and practices regarding homologation of Improved Traditional Medicine (ITM) in Cameroon, specifically in the Mfoundi division.

Our study was carried out with a population of 70 traditional medical practitioners, using a self-administered questionnaire. Interviews were carried out individually with each traditional medical practitioner. At the end, we realized that 61% of the study population expressed knowledge on categories of ITM. According to the TM practitioners with knowledge on the categories of ITM which exist 70% of ITM produced belong to category 2 and 23% belong to category 1. 93% of the study population cited the Ministry of Public Health as the main body in charge of ITM homologation. 51% of the study population declared not knowing the contents of a homologation file, while the remaining 49% had a good level of knowledge on the contents of a homologation file. Only 5% of the population expressed having deposited a request for homologation. In conclusion, we realized that there is a potential in the field of traditional medicine in Cameroon.


International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Phytopharmacological Research
© 2021 All rights reserved